Friday, August 24, 2012

Guten Tag

Hallo! :]
I'm not doing to bad on updating this... Once a week-ish isn't bad right? ;] So much happens in a week, though, it's crazy! So we'll go day by day so I can catch you all up :] Starting with Saturday....
Saturday-  I went to a farmers market in Biel in the morning, went Swimming in the lake again. Just hanging out with my host fam..  Not to busy.. :]
Sunday-  I was at a mountain! :] Rode a cable car up but we decided to walk back down.. My legs hurt for a few days after that. haha Gorgeous view though; could see three different snow/ glacier covered mountains with them reflecting off a lake. Really pretty :] I'll post pictures soon.
Monday- I was back to my language school! I'm slowly learning, but it's weird/ hard because we a learning German, but everyone speaks Swiss german here, which is a completely different dialect.. Hopefully I pick it up pretty fast. Also went riding again. :] My host sister has convinced me to enter a competition already.. It's this Sunday, and from what I understand it's like a Western Trail course, but you ride english.. If that makes any sense. The horse I ride is very stubborn and takes a lot of "convincing" sometimes.. I like her though :]
Tuesday-  Consisted of school and then I made my mom's Quesidilla's for my host family. They liked them I think... They ate them at least =P Then worked on my Hausaufgaben (Homework)
Wednesday- School, then a boat ride with my host mom and sister to an island where we swam in Lake Biel. It was really nice, water was warm and we found a little pier to jump off of :] And after that I went and worked out with a friend here. It was fun but I'm always so exhausted after. =P
Thursday-   Had school, then went with my host mom and her students (she teaches 3rd grade) to the beach. The kids were funny, I taught a couple of them how to do a synchro move! :] They go on so many field trips here for school! The high schoolers go to the movies and the younger go to the beach! Wish we had that in the US :] I also went riding again to "train" for the competition. It went pretty well, my horse decided it was scared of the woods though and took off running a few times. I was okay, Caroline has taught me well :]
Still feels weird that I'm 7 hours ahead of you all, you all just woke up and I already finished school! It was raining this morning so I walked in the rain to my train... But it had stopped for the moment in when I got to Bern thankfully.
Talking to Grady on skype, anyone can call me anytime and I'll try to talk to you for at least a little bit.. I also made it so that anyone can post a comment without needing an account. So post away! :]
Tschuss!
-Anne-Marie

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking this just about everyday its so awesome to read and I'm proud of you for updating it regularly thanks!!!! Jess and i will go visit your mom before we leave, it will be interesting going without you there but I'm excited to go back to my second home, feels like ages since I've been there!:-P. Glad everything is going well, so happy for you! hopefully the german gets easier and easier to pick up, hope we can Skype soon :-) <3Annanana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Glad your visiting my mom, I think she's going through girl withdrawal without me there ;]
      Glad that this blog is being read and that you like it :]
      I will skype with you really within the week k? :]
      Love ya! -A-M

      Delete