Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ich bin müde!

Hallo!
    For those of you who don't speak German, the title means "I am tired!". And it's true, I am tired but happy. I've been very busy the past couple days, and it's only my first week here!
    Monday I had my first day of language school, which is in the capital of Switzerland, Bern. That means I take a train to Biel which is 5 min. Then a train to Bern which is 30 min. Trains are amazing! They go everywhere! It makes everything say much closer. So school is from 8:45 until 12:45, then I catch a train home or walk around Bern. The city is so busy, there are so many different shops and things there. I found a bookstore with a whole floor of English books. :] Didn't buy one though, they are expensive!
Also on Monday, my host mom showed me around Biel (closest city to my village, Ipsach). It has a very beautiful old town that I took pictures of. :] Pretty much every city here has has an "Old Twon" and a "New Town" and they work surprisingly well together. It's interesting to see a really old building with a train running right by it... I also went horseback riding with my host sister on Monday! We rode Frieburg horses, which is a breed made in Switzerland. They are pretty big and stocky, they look like a smaller version of draft horses. Big thick necks, and all of their manes are cut short. I like em :]
    Tuesday I worked out with the girl who went on exchange to Canada, and I am still a bit sore. haha  Besides that and school, not much happened..
    Wednesday was a longer day and probably why I am so tired today. First I had school, then my host mom and sister met me in Bern and we went to the river Aare to swim! :] You walk up the bank and then hop in and float down. It is pretty fast flowing, so it was much quicker to go down than walk up. We went four times! :] Then on the way home my host sister invited me to go riding with her again, but at a different place (this one we rode Western and the last English, for those who know what that means :] ). Same Swiss horse breed though, the Freiburg. This one was bigger than the last, and I actually took pictures of this ride :]
    So today is Thursday and my host mom declared it a more "relaxing" day. I readily agreed. :] I'll post the pictures I was talking about and I'll post on my next free day! Tschüss!
-Anne-Marie

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Anne-Marie,
    Deine Reise sieht sehr spannend an, Europa, une besonders die Schweiz ist sehr anders als Amerika ja? Wirst dein deutsch besser?

    Haha, if you come in Paris by the most incredible coincidence while you're in Europa, call me/fbook me and I could try meet you between two exams and do some sightseeing :)

    Liebe Grüsse von Paris
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete