Saturday, September 15, 2012

Three Crazy Things

Grüsse Jedermann!
So three crazy things is the title, and that is exactly what happened to me this week.
Crazy thing #1: I climbed a freaking mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D For real! At 5 in the morning! For two hours, I hiked with 45 other exchange students up the Rigi, just to see the sunrise. If that's not crazy I don't know what is. But it was soooo worth it. That was the most amazing sunrise I have ever seen, well worth the exhausting hike (and we hiked for pretty much the rest of that day too), and being dead tired when I got back home. Gorgeous. And I got really close to all of the other exchange students. I think I've said this before, but I feel like I have a million instant best friends because we all know what each other are going through. We share stories about stuff that's happened to us so far, and most of them are hilarious. We talk about being a bit homesick, having language troubles, but at the same time all of us are in love with Switzerland. :] The exchange students are from all over the world, and staying all over Switzerland (8 were from the French part, so we couldn't speak German to them, we pretty much had an English speaking weekend, it was a nice break, I didn't have to think so hard haha) That was pretty much the most fun I've had  so far, but I know something will be even better in the future :]
Crazy thing #2: I started Swiss school. I have to be insane. I'm in a foreign country, that I don't speak the language of, and I'm repeating a year of high school, with teenagers, who are at their most judgmental point in life (because let's be honest, teenagers are). But that's exactly why I came on exchange, to be open-minded, and maybe change other peoples minds about Americans, especially us crazy youth. ;] All of the kids in my class (a whopping 14, compared to the sometimes 30+ in Prior Lake), are super nice to me. They are all very interested me, and always explain anything I don't understand (which happens a lot when you don't speak the language). I think a lot of them like practicing their English on me. haha Another crazy thing that happened is I have to learn Piano!!! I have never played the piano in my life, and I have very little hand coordination, or any coordination for that matter (hence the watersports). Now they have the monumental task of trying to teach me how to play. I may come back to the states with a new skill!
Crazy thing #3: I'm on holidays already. Yup, one week of school and now I have an entire month off. This is because my class (the 14 of them, minus one or two) went to London this morning for 1 or 2 weeks (can't remember which). And there was no way they could get me a ticket and reservations after I had only been in the school a week, so I have holidays already... I want to go to London, but I don;t need to learn English haha. And my host family is taking me to France for a week and then Spain for a week, one right after the other!! That definitely makes up for it! :D So I'll try to write in this before I leave, but don't expect me to write while I'm in France or Spain. I don't think I'll be bringing my laptop...
So those were my three crazy things! How many people read this blog anyway??? Someone want to give me a rough estimate? haha Comment below and I will try to answer! Just  make sure you comment on the most recent blog and not an older one because I don't see those!
Tschüss!!
-Anne-Marie

18 comments:

  1. Glad you're having fun :) Miss you, Kelsie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remind friends to read it sometimes haha and I usually share some of your stories with my roommate or whoever else I'm with when I check up on it! Hopefully a lot read it though. Take tons of pictures in France!!!!! You should (if you want/remember too) take a picture somewhere of something funny that reminds you of me and post it on here XD that could be interesting and I'd be sure too show it off to all of my friends here! :D Miss you!
    -Annanana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I'll post that pic on FB and tag you in it for the whole world to see haha
      Glad I'm a topic of conversation at your dorm haha
      Miss ya, love ya!
      -Anne-Marie

      Delete
  3. Good to know you're getting your fair share of travel. Feel free to skype me sometime when you aren't too busy traveling around europe and enjoying swedish food. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you're sleeping because of the 7 hour time difference ;]

      Delete
  4. Stop having fun!!! haha jk I am soo glad to hear you're having an awesome time, and of course that you're still alive and not lost...yet. Have fun traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im totally jealous! we don't even get a month break for college... unless you count summer. I'm glad your having fun! My roommate, Lindsay, is interested in why your going to high school again... She is also from PL and we can't figure it out.... other than the fact that your a Card.. haha get it? ;) I miss your humor
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't have internet for awhile!
      The first week off was pretty boring actually, but France and Spain were/ are great :]
      I'm going back to high school because that's the program I went through. It's an exchange "student" so I have to study =P I havent really done much yet though considering I only had one week..
      Love ya too!
      -Anne-Marie

      Delete
  6. I want your European food! That stuff is the best! I generally read these on the weekend because the school week is so chaotic it's hard to take some catch up. But I do enjoy reading these long stories of your adventure.

    The language thing is tough but I know it'll get better. Remember when Guillaume first got here? He didn't say much at all for the first few weeks just simple answers and stuff. But after a while, he gradually started talking more and started understanding more. So I'd say in 1 or 2 weeks, things will get easier and easier.

    And going off of what Nathan said, I'm always open for a chat on the Skype, but like I said the weekends would be the best time for me. So if you ever have a free moment (which will be hard, because you're always doing something awesome) send me a message on Facebook and I'll make it work for you. :)

    Love you lots,
    Alex

    P.S. Can't wait to play chopsticks with you, our first duet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait till after Spain when I write all about my first three week off ;] That will be a long one!
      I know they think I'm really quiet right now because i can't say what I mean all the time, but it's okay, my host family is awesome :]
      I want to skype with you soon, we'll work somethin out :]
      Love you mooore!
      -Anne-Marie
      P.S. Who knows, maybe I'll be as good/ better than you when I get back ;]

      Delete
  7. I read your blog!!! Keep the updates coming. And your pictures are amazing. I honestly think you might not come back because you will fall in love with the region. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :] It is sooo gorgeous here. But don't worry their making me come home before I can come back ;]
      Love you!
      -Anne-Marie

      Delete
  8. IM SO JEALOUS! I miss you anne marie!!! It's so weird and that youre going to spain without me as your roomie ;) Im glad youre having a blast, dont forget about us trouble making americans!!! :D I check your blog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiii :D
      I am definitely reminiscing about all the awesome times with my roomie and all my other band geeks while I'm here in Espana :] I don't think it would be possible for me to forget you Americans ;]Miss ya!
      Love, Anne-Marie

      Delete
  9. Hi Anne-Marie. I enjoy reading your posts, too. It's a great opportunity to hear about life in a very different place than Prior Lake, and you make it fun. The "Amazing Race" reality show started last night. It's one of my favorite programs because teams race from country to country, showing all kinds of traditions from around the world. Thanks for sharing your experiences. You have a great attitude, which makes you an awesome ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm glad you enjoy it. It is fun to write, kind of like my journal of sorts too :] These past few weeks have definitely been like the amazing race with 3 different countries in 3 weeks, it's fun :]
      Love,Anne-Marie

      Delete